Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Scrap Room 2.0




Okay, so I have to design and plan for an entirely new scrapbook room. This gives me an interesting and rare opportunity to coordinate all the little things that go with it, including my furniture, magnet boards, and accessories. Being the thinker that I am, I thought about colors for a long time, took in what the shape of the room is and what kind of architectural details I have to work with. After a lot of sketches and even more rough drafts, I finally ended up with the picture you see above. With some interesting painted stripes, crown molding under the extended shelves that sit on the existing half walls, and the addition of my wonderful embellishment centers, the plan I've created is perfect. Flawless. Without a doubt, every single element of this room will be dripping with Caitlin creativity. (Yes, I drew that. And didn't ruin another kitchen table. I've learned my lesson. Sorry, Mom)
In the planning, I've started painting magnet boards, hanging items and a slough of other items getting ready for the color scheme. We haven't signed the papers yet, and after we do, it will be a hurricane of work. I won't have my craft room until June. In the meantime, I will do all that I can to be prepared.

1 comment:

dmaismith said...

When I buy a house, you'll have to help me design the rooms. You have a true talent in this area (well, and in art in general).