Monday, February 15, 2010

Shopping slows down, death of a customer, and books to look at


Tulip sleeps on while I write...

For all the books that I own, I would daresay 80% of them were purchased from Amazon.com. Now, as my reading as slowed a little because of my busy life, the need to buy books is less than before. Occasionally I find books for my childrens collection while at work and buy them for very little but they are picture books and not novels. For example the titles that I have bought recently have been... "Swim, Little Wombat, Swim!" by Charles Fuge, "Down in the Woods at Sleepytime" by Carole Schaefer, and "Little by Little" by Amber Stewart. These are darling little stories that include helpful platypus friends, singing toadlets and a sea otter being nice to tiny frogs.
My UPS guy stopped by today. He dropped off some scrapbook supplies and asked how I was doing. Mind you, I had recently passed out at the gym a few hours before. Something about aligning my posture had liquified my innerds had caused a slight blackout. I looked chalky and pale and sickly... So my UPS guy asked how I was doing.
"You look sick. Have you been okay?"
"Eh. I'm okay," thinking, Yeah, I've been better. Busy morning.
"Haven't been here as much. Hope you get better."
It took me a few minutes to think about what he was talking about. Now instead of being the lady at the apartment who wears only blankets or towels, I'm the one who is dying. Honestly, UPS probably has a sheet with what is happening to their most frequent recipiants, and I'm on there... first as chick who owns no clothing to woman who is dying.
To top it off- We're moving. So yes, I'm pretty sure that UPS man will think that I've died in the next month or so.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Moving?? Where? Closer to me??

dmaismith said...

Congrats on the house. I want to see it. I love your stories about the UPS man. The ones I get are old men.